An Approach to ICSE English provides a platform to contribute, discuss and comment on the various issues related to the study and practice of English for the students and teachers of ICSE syllabus. Even with its focussed nature, An Approach to ICSE English will be beneficial to everyone involved in the learning the niceties of the English language.
Thursday, 18 August 2011
Active and Passive Voice Questions and Answers
1. He was promised all help by us.
We promised him all help.
2. May God bless you with success!
May you be blessed with success by God.
3. The strike has been called off.
They have called of the strike.
(Note: You can use workers, labourers, protesters, etc in place of ‘they’)
4. No one can understand him so soon.
He cannot be understood so soon.
5. They will not agree to this proposal.
This proposal will not be agreed to.
6. The rose smells sweet.
When rose smells sweet.
7. It is time to close the shop[s.
the shops should be closed by now.
It is the time for the shops to be closed.
8. The teacher is calling the roll.
The roll is being called by the teacher.
9. What cannot be cured must be endured.
We must endure what we cannot cure.
One must endure what one cannot cure.
10. God helps those who help themselves.
Those who help themselves are helped by God.
11. I will not answer any question now.
No questions will be answered now by me.
12. She has to do cooking and washing for me.
The cooking and washing have (has) to be done for me by her.
13. A rolling stone gathers no mass.
It is said that a rolling stone gathers no mass.
14. The way to heaven is paved with good deeds.
It is believed that the way to heaven is paved with good deeds.
15. Trust in God and do the right.
God should be trusted in and the right should be done.
16. Nip the evil in the bud.
It is said that evil should be nipped in the bud.
17. A stitch in time saves nine.
It is said that a stitch in time saves nine.
18. Those living in glass house must not throw stones at others.
Stones must not be thrown at others by those living in glass houses.
19. I was shocked at the sad news.
The sad news shocked me.
20. The court proclaimed him an offender.
He was proclaimed an offender by the court.