An Approach to ICSE English provides a platform to contribute, discuss and comment on the various issues related to the study and practice of English for the students and teachers of ICSE syllabus. Even with its focussed nature, An Approach to ICSE English will be beneficial to everyone involved in the learning the niceties of the English language.
Wednesday, 9 June 2010
Grammar Revision Practice
I. Rewrite as directed the following sentences without changing the meaning.
- I was annoyed by his behaviour. [Change the voice]
- I am invited. [Supply a question tag]
- The teacher said, "Have you done your homework?" [Change the narration]
- As soon as the tiger saw the rabbit, it attacked. [Begin. No sooner...].
- No other athlete in our school is as fast as Rachel. [Use: Fastest]
- If you do not hurry up, you will miss the train. [Begin: Unless…]
- I was so tired that I was not able to follow him. [Use: too]
- Can we ever forget those happy days? [Rewrite as an Assertive sentence]
- He did not come. He did not write a letter. [Use:'neither... nor...']
- He passed the examinations. He got a gold medal.[Use:'not only...']
II. Fill in the blanks with an appropriate article.
1. Raj Mahal is ____ top class hotel.
2. Could we change ___ the topic of discussion?
3. ___ honest man is always trusted.
4. __ African continent is full of conflicts.
5. He is ____ European writer.