An Approach to ICSE English provides a platform to contribute, discuss and comment on the various issues related to the study and practice of English for the students and teachers of ICSE syllabus. Even with its focussed nature, An Approach to ICSE English will be beneficial to everyone involved in the learning the niceties of the English language.
Wednesday, 13 January 2010
Essay:Festival Celebrated in My Locality
Suggested Structure and Points
- Festivals in general.
- Their significance.
- Various >festivals.
- The Festival celebrated in my locality.
- The background/history/myth behind this festival.
- How it is generally celebrated in my locality.
- How the festival is celebrated in my family.
- My attitude and feelings about the celebration.
- The beneficial aspect of the festival.
In a Composition of this type, normally the linguistic skills are tested.We should give primary importance to grammatical correctness, spelling, and usage rather than the content of the essay.Content is of important, but only secondary.