1. A horse is more intelligent than an ass.
An ass is not as intelligent as a horse.
2. A wise enemy is better than a foolish friend.
A foolish friend is not as good as a wise enemy.
3. Bombay is the best sea-port in India.
No other seaport in India is as good as Bombay.
4. Disraeli was the greatest statesman of England.
No other statesman of England was as great as Disraeli.
5. There are few districts as fertile as Hoshiarpur.
Hoshiapur is one of the most fertile districts.
6. Kalidasa is one of the greatest poets.
Very few poets are as great as Kalidasa.
7. Very few books are as popular as Dickens David Copperfield.
Dickens’ David Copperfield is one of the most popular books.
8. Gold is one of the most precious metals.
Very few metals are as precious as gols.
9. It is easier to speak than to act.
Action is not as easy as speech.
10. The train runs faster than a horse-cart.
A horse cart does run as fast the train.
11. He knows you better than I.
I do not know you as well as he knows you.
12. He knows you better than me.
You are known to him better I know you.
13. Of all men he is the meanest.
No other man is as mean as he is.
14. Let us see who runs fastest.
Let us see who runs faster among us.
15. He does his work more honestly than anybody else.
He is the most honest worker.
16. Few historians write as graphically as Macaulay.
Macaulay writes more graphically than most of the historians.
17. John bowls faster than Jack.
Jack does not bowl as fast as John.
18. Ashoka was one of the noblest of Indian kings.
Very few kings were as noble as Ashoka.
19. A live ass is better than a dead lion.
A dead lion is not as good as a live ass.
20. Jim seemed more cheerful than any of his companions.
None of his companions seemed as cheerful as Jim.